A study by search marketing agency Covario, reflected that there has been a considerable spend on paid advertising globally in Q4 of 2013.
The study states, there has been an overall 7% hike in global spending.
Other notable trends:
- Cost Per Clicks (CPCs) increased at an average of 10%
- Click Through Rates (CTRs) performed 28% better than in 2012
- US Paid spend grew over 12%
- Google dominates 84 % market share in spend, 88% impressions and 62% in clicks
- Mobile advertising has seen 55% growth over 2013. It adds up to 20% of the entire spending
Paid Search market will continue its growth in 2014. As predicated, there will be a major rise in the Mobile and Tablet spend which could hike up to 25 – 30% of the current spend. With users likely to get more specific with their queries plus Google offering more useful AdFormats we expect impressions will reduce further.
The global PLA Ad spend share is likely to increase as more e-commerce websites prefer it because of easy setup, Good CTR & better conversion rate.
Link : https://bit.ly/1b3lq5J