Pay per click is an important tool of Internet marketing. A keyword optimized and cleverly set budget can see through a great online business. But there are myths attached the pay per click approach –
- Number one page rank is the best
Pay per click is about conversions and ROI. Being number one is a waste if it does not fetch you good click-through rate and eventually conversions.
- The natural page rankings are affected by pay per click
The ad text displayed does not act as anchor text; it only is an advertising punch.
- Pay per click only helps major businesses
This is far from fact as small business really benefits from pay per click through good campaign and landing page design.
- Pay per click is a short term tool
If PPC is promoting your company well with good ROI then it can be for keeps.
- Pay per click is not a life long process
With constantly evolving business needs; pay per click requires constant monitoring, change and hence regular optimisation.